We are seeking a sales leader to direct and coordinate activities of the Engineering department to design, assemble and test components, products and systems.
Terrapin Systems Account Executives develop and manage customer relationships, applying an unbiased, consultative approach that sets us apart from other IT integrators. Account Executives work face-to-face with customers to understand their business challenges, and then custom-design solutions around their specific requirements using best-in-class products from our vendor partners. A successful candidate has an understanding of technology platforms and can sell to customers at all levels/functions, including C-level executives.
An Account Executive must be able to articulate the Terrapin Systems story and describe the solutions and services that Terrapin Systems and its vendor partners provide. Terrapin supports its Account Executives with its experienced Sales, Engineering, Marketing, Finance, Operations and Shipping teams that provide excellent customer service and assist our Account Executives throughout each engagement.
- Identify and develop sales opportunities via cold-calling, networking, vendor referrals and other sales/marketing techniques
- Meet with customers to understand their business requirements and propose technology solutions to address them
- Develop close working relationships with our top vendor partners; understand their technology solutions, pricing models and deal registration process
- Constantly learn about new reference architectures and vendor solutions, and be able to articulate them to customers
- Communicate and coordinate with Terrapin Systems internal resources and vendor partners throughout the lifecycle of each engagement
- Maintain sales certifications for key technology vendor partners as needed
- Meet or exceed top line revenue and margin goals set by CEO
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven track record attaining or exceeding quarterly and annual sales goals
- Demonstrated ability to generate leads and establish new accounts
- Understanding of IT solutions including hardware, software and services
- Excellent communication skills and strong customer service orientation
- Knowledge of the latest technology trends and channel dynamics
- Polished, professional demeanor and excellent group presentation skills
Compensation: Excellent compensation based on Target Earnings. Terrapin Systems provides excellent benefit plans including paid time off, company-paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, health savings plan, life insurance, long-term disability, and 401 (k). We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.